To apply for this position, please submit your resume to Mr. Jacob Durrance at JDurrance@pcsfl.org.
Job Title: Computer Teacher K-8
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution.
2. Certified by the state of Florida in appropriate area(s) and possession of necessary endorsements.
The K-8 Computer teacher should have knowledge of student development and computer skills, curriculum, and technique. The ideal candidate will also have a working understanding of Career and Technical Education (CTE) certifications. The candidate should have the ability to plan classroom instruction and implement activities to benefit student achievement with maximum effectiveness. The candidate should also demonstrate an ability to effectively assess levels of student achievement, analyze test results and prescribe actions for improvement. Appropriate and positive student supervision in alignment. Ability to work effectively with peers, administrators, and others.
Reports to: Principal or designee
- Plan and prepare standards-based lessons and strategies which support the School Improvement Plan and District mission.
- Plan and prepare meaningful and engaging lessons.
- Plan and prepare instructional activities that contribute to student achievement.
- Identify, select, and implement instructional materials to meet the needs of students and in alignment with Florida State Standards.
- Maintain a positive, organized, and safe learning environment.
- Manage time, materials, and equipment effectively.
- Establish and maintain effective and efficient record-keeping procedures.
- Use effective Responsive classroom student behavior management techniques.
- Assist in the enforcement of school rules, administrative regulations, and Palmetto Charter School policies.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of subject matter content.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with other professionals, students, parents and the community.
- Collaborate with other professionals and stakeholders of the school community to enhance the instructional environment.
- Engage in a continuing quest for personal growth through in-service, classes, and study.
- Model professional and ethical conduct when dealing with students, peers, parents, and the community.
- Perform and fulfill all professional responsibilities, and perform other duties as assigned by the school leadership team.