Please email resumes to Jacob Durrance, Assistant Principal at JDurrance@pcsfl.org.
Job Title: Third-Grade Teacher
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution.
2. Certified by the state of Florida in appropriate area(s) and possession of necessary endorsements.
The Third-grade teacher should have knowledge of and experience using Florida’s Benchmarks for Excellent Student Thinking (B.E.S.T.) Standards. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to plan classroom instruction and implement activities to benefit student achievement with maximum effectiveness. The candidate should also demonstrate an ability to effectively assess levels of student achievement, analyze test results and prescribe actions for improvement. Likewise, the candidate should be able to demonstrate appropriate and positive student supervision in alignment with Palmetto Charter School’s CARES (Cooperation, Assertion, Responsibility, Empathy, and Self-Control) focus and the ability to work effectively with peers, administrators, and others. Previous teaching experience in upper elementary grades is preferred.
- Plan and prepare meaningful and engaging lessons that contribute to student academic achievement and growth.
- Identify, select, and implement instructional materials to meet the needs of students and in alignment with Florida B.E.S.T. Standards.
- Use effective Responsive classroom student behavior management techniques.
- Maintain a positive, organized, and safe learning environment.
- Manage time, materials, and equipment effectively.
- Establish and maintain effective and efficient record-keeping procedures.
- Assist in the enforcement of school rules, administrative procedures, and Palmetto Charter School policies.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of subject matter content.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with other professionals, students, parents, and the community.
- Collaborate with other professionals and stakeholders of the school community to enhance the instructional environment.
- Engage in a continuing quest for personal growth through in-service, classes, and study.
- Model professional and ethical conduct when dealing with students, peers, parents, and the community.
- Perform and fulfill all professional responsibilities, and perform other duties as assigned by the school leadership team.